Corsair Community

A8N-SLI Premium,TwinX2048-3200C2PT Help again.

supaidaaman

i have:

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

TwinX2048-3200C2PT

Athlon 64 X2 4200

Should cas latency be 2.5 for athlon systems or is that not set in stone?

I have ready many different bios settings for this ram from 2.75-2.8 volts and 2 or 2.5 cas latency i would like to hear a definate answer from an admin on the proper settings/timings because my system seems to be unstable to matter what my timings are set at.

-thanks

You don't mean admin, you mean Corsair representative. Example: I'm an admin, but don't work for Corsair.

Best thing I can do is point you towards these Official Corsair resources:

http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/products/specs/twinx2048-3200c2.pdf

Long story short, it's 2.5 for AthlonXP, 2.0 for Athlon64.

One stick or a TwinX pack timings for 3200C2s:

CAS Latency (tCL): 2

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6

Memory Voltage: 2.75 Volts

All other settings to defaults.

well i'm having the same mobo and mem and the same issues as well. I get the ram to work at 2.5-3-3-6 1T @ 2.75v but when i change CL at 2 system crashes at boot up. i havent tried using 2.8v yet but i dont think it will fix the prob.any thoughts?

• Corsair Employee
What slots do you have the modules in? I would try slots 2-4 and if that still does not solve the problem test the modules one at a time to make sure one is not failing. But I must add that I have seen this same type of issue more so with these newer core CPU's it seems they just dont like to run at 1T Command Rate.

I switched to slot 2 & 4, managed to start up, do a little stress test. But as soon as i turned on BF2, it was reboot (bothe 2T and 1T). After that wont POST anymore, till i switched back to auto. I tested a OCZ matched pair 2048 as well, exactly the same problem. No CAS 2 boot.

I think its something in the Nforce4 boards. I tested my A8N SLI Premium, as well as the DFI Ultra SLI. Also the DFI gives exactly the same problem.

• Corsair Employee
The 7800 Video cards I think need at least 23-26 amps on the 12 Volt rail. So the PSU you have may be a bit small. And on DFI MB's they will require special bios and configuration like using slots 2-4 and the latest -1 Bios.

Best to heed Ram Guy's advise. Tracking down inadequate power supply problems can be a @#$#%. The following link is to NVidia's Slizone (your board's nf4 chipset), scroll down the list to their cerified power supply listing, and pick from the list. You'll be glad you did as the net is littered with problems associated with nf4 based boards and inadequate supplies.

http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone2_build.html

Good luck.

Archived