Corsair Community

Asus A8N-SLI compatibility with TWINX1024-3200C2PRO

ScramDog

I have TWINX1024-3200C2PRO memory which is listed as being compatible with my ASUS A8N-SLI premium MB. When I hit Del to enter the Bios setup the machine just sits there with "Entering Setup" as the message. If I try one memory stick in slot B1 (as documented in the ASUS manual) the machine POSTS a memory error (1 long follow by two short beeps).

I have reset the cmos to no avail.

If I stick in a piece of crucial memory (in slot B1, not in dual channel configuration) I can get into the bios and this seems to 'refresh' the system. I can then put the dual channel Corsair memory back in and boot the machine (into XP). On occassions I have been succesful in entering the bios also with the Corsair memory installed...

I'm wondering if this memory really is compatible with my board?

• Corsair Employee

Please reset your bios with just one of our modules and load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

OK, I will put a single module in slot B1 per the ASUS manual. I will then reset the BIOS (per instructions on page 2-18 of the manual). I will then attempt to enter setup and set the timings to 2.5-3-3-6 and the DIM voltage to 2.7V. I have alreday tried each module in slot B1 but not with a rest of the BIOS.

I'm pretty certain that I won't be able to get into my BIOS setup as often the machine won't post (memory error). I can try the other memory stick that I have but it seems that getting into the BIOS is becoming more and more difficult (just seems to hang!). I've tried reflashing the BIOS but that doesn't seem to be working either. If however I just boot the computer (and assuming it will post) I can run Windows XP... (with the Corsair memory)

I'm starting to think the BIOS is the problem.

Archived