Corsair Community

My RAM is dead...

chiko032

Hello, here is my story:

I have an MSI K8N Neo 4 mobo. I had 2 sticks of 512 value select RAM in my system. It was working like a dream but I wanted 2 more sticks. So after getting my new sticks, I start my computer up and I get an instant memory dump. So I restarted and as soon as I loaded a game I got memory dumps.

So I went back to my original set up to see if that would work. After running COD 2 (previously with out problems before I put the new RAM in) for 1 min. I get a memory dump.

My entire corsair RAM now gives me memory dumps and I can't do anything about it. Please let me know if I can get two news sticks or what. I ordered all my stuff from Newegg and I have also listed the rest of my comp specs below (including the RAM that now doesn't work)

MSI K8N Neo 4 Mobo

4 X 512mb RAM Corsair (VS512MB400)

3200+ AMD 64bit

ATI x850 pro 256mb

Let me know if you guys need more info.

• Corsair Employee
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both or all of the modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived