Corsair Community

Bad VS1GB400C3

Sirvs

I have 2 1gb siticks of VS1GB400C3 and one has gone bad. At first it would randomly reboot my system no questions jsut reboot it would try to reboot as it was rebooting believe it or not. I took out one stick of ram worked fine put the stick into another slot did it again. I tried jsut reformating thinking it was software. It would not even boot the windows disk. It booted it fine with the other stick.

I ran a PC Tester and it found a Microtopology failure. I took out the bad stick ran the test again no failures.

any suggestions or can i get an RMA?

thank you

• Corsair Employee
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

how do i set the voltage on it and everything?

its not a problem with both of them its only a problem with one so no worry about that

i dont think mine is by spd doesnt say anything about it

i did run that memtest on it that didnt find anything but my friend made me a disk that had the memtest that didnt find anything and another PC tester under the same menu so i assume its all memtest and that is what stated that it failed the microtopology test

• Corsair Employee
Just go to the bios setup and then load setup/Optimized defaults then set the memory voltage to 2.7 Volts and exit saving changes and let memtest run for 2 passes per module to be sure its not a memory problem.

ok i set the voltage for 2.7 i started up with the good stick everythign ran fine ran testing everythign was good

so i shutdown

loaded the "bad" ram

started up fine i tried loging onto xfire and it restart so i thought ok maybe there is a probelm with xfire i restarted tried bring up the internet restated on its on

i ran testing 2 times once with memtest86+ passed 2 times ran Eurosoft PC-Check v 6 on same disk as memtest) everything passed

i tried loading with the "bad stick" again after testing it restarted 3 times twice as it hit windows once in bios

then i tried it again and it said a file was curropt

so i loaded a the good ram in started up jsut fine 5 times and running different applications each time now i'm typing this

not sure but i think its a ram problem

thanks RAM guy

Archived