Corsair Community

Need advice on memory..

I have been a long time Corsair memory user until recently when I started overclocking. I decided to get Ballistix 2 X 1 Gig PC4000 memory due to reviews and their ability to OC well. Well, needless to say I am on my 3rd set of this memory and I can tell that this latest set is already starting to fail as well. So I took them out and I am back on my trusty Corsair TWINX1024-3200XL memory sticks which have never let me down. With that being said I think it is time to stick with what I know will be reliable and that is Corsair memory.

I am still going to be over clocking but I just wanted to see if anyone had any insight as to which of the following 2 sets of memory would give me what I am looking for. I basically want to be able to run 2 X 1 gig sticks at a FSB of 270 with 1t.

I have been looking at the following 2 sets: Twinx2048-3200c2 & TWINX2048-4000PT.

Which of these would I have a better chance of hitting 270 (DDR540) with?

I am able to run 260 on my old TWINX1024-3200XL chips and still run 2.5,3,3,8 1T timings, haven't tried higher yet. I just didn't know if the pc3200 gig sticks would yield simialar results or not. Or would it be best to get the DDR500 sticks and only have to bump them up 20mhz?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.. I never should of tried a different brand. :roll:

Archived