Corsair Community

Issues with Gigabyte Ga-K8U motherboard

kingnothing

Hi. I'm currently building a new system (well, I guess you could say currently, I've been spending 4 months trying to get this thing to work). I've got a gigabyte GA-K8U motherboard.

Now, I believed I had some bad ram, as mentioned I have mentioned in another thread (http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44985&highlight=odd+problem).

Now, I returned the ram, and recieved the new ram, to find out I still have the same exact problem as with the orinigal ram. The speed and ram type are compatible with my motherboard.

I gave gigabyte a call, and they said they have never even heard of this problem before, and that I should try a different stick of ram. Thing is, I don't know anyone who has the correct ram to test this with. I decided to check the compatibility tester you have here on the site, and found that my motherboard model is not even in there.

That's why I've come here. I need an answer as to if my ram (Model VS1GB400C3) is compatible with my Gigabyte GA-K8U motherboard. If it is not, I need to know which of you products is compatible with my motherboard.

Thank you very much for your help.

• Corsair Employee
If you have replaced the modules and are still having the same problem I would suggest you get the CPU replaced as the memory controller is in the CPU and may be the issue. But I would make sure the reseller sent you new modules not just tested and sent your back.

I orinigally thought it was the cpu, and replaced it. I was still having the same problem. It was two different cpus as well. Having the same problem with 2 different cpus leads me to believe that the cpu isn't the issue.

And I did not send it back to the reseller, I sent it back to corsair because it was past the 30 day limit on tiger direct. I am pretty sure they didn't send me the orinigal ram I sent back, because I didn't have the paper in it that explains what ram it is when I shipped it out, and the one I got back had the paper in there.

Maybe you could show me another one of your rams that may be compatible with my motherboard so I can exchange for it? I'm just trying to get this system up.

• Corsair Employee
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived