Corsair Community

Bad RAM

ramsay

Hello i was having problems gaming and sometimes just browsing.The error messages ive been getting are "memory cannot be read" and BSOD!

at first i thought it was my graphics card, but i read a few support forums and used Memtest to test my ram(2 x 512 corsair).I aslo read it could be just the bios settings, so after one test i set them to default and it made no diffrence.

Memtest is now running and has got to 75% coverage and there are already 33 errors.From reading the Memtest manual i reckon this is quite bad.

What do i do now.

Cheers

Ramsay

• Corsair Employee

Please try these settings:

With the A7N8X-E please set the FSB jumper to pins 2-3 with the modules in slots 2-3 and then reset or clear the bios and load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and set the timings manually. Then please test the system with http://www.memtest.org.

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 200 MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 3T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

Some have reported success disabling Spread Spectrum in the bios as well. I would take a look at http://www.asusforums.org as well in the AMD section.

hi

i tried all the setting that you suggested, and did Memtest with the same results!

i went on the asus site and was advised not to set the fsb jumper pins to 2-3 as this was to support 200MHz FSB only.

What now?

ramsay

• Corsair Employee
LOL! Please try the settings I have suggested and test the modules one at a time, if you still have problems we will be happy to replace the modules or if you can test them in another MB not an A7N8X-E that would work as well.

hi i tsested the Ram modules in an old mobo n it came back with no errors, which is nice.

so as the Rams not faultly ive been bummin about the asus forums and it seams have almost got the problem fixed.Disableing the spread spectrum made a huge difference but im still getting a coulple of errors(but at least its not 50 still)

any other tips

Cheers

Ramsay

one time i had no errors and when i opened up windows media player i recieved an error, and another time i recieved one error when opening firefox.

The errors were something like "pairs do not match"

but i didn't write the numbers down at the time. if it does it again il write them down and post them.

cheers

Archived