Corsair Community

Voltage and Ram

starmaster

Hello,

I have a GA-7N400 Pro2 motherboard and my manual says: "Supports only 2.5V DDR DIMM" I am not sure if Voltage matters, I purchased another brand and their site states 2.6V (+/- .1V) so then it would be supported as 2.5V. Now I'm looking for new ram for my machine and am particularly interested in buying Corsair. I am looking at TWINX2048-3200C2 for Dual Channel and the TEST SPECIFICATIONS show:

Tested at aggressive latency settings

of 2-3-3-6 for all platforms.

2-3-3-6 on Intel and AMD based

systems

Test voltage: 2.75V

( http://corsairmemory.com/corsair/products/specs/twinx2048-3200c2.pdf )

This must be only place to get this kind of information on RAM here, I couldn't locate anyother.

so does that mean it's tested at 2.75V but could run at 2.5V? and would this then effect the timings? or would this effect the stability of my machine? right now I have OEM 2.5V an am seeing to get more ram and still use dual channel and get faster cas latency and timings.

I do no overclock and have not done much voltage changing with my bios but would/could I just change the voltage for the RAM in the bios and make it work or will this also affect the timings if that is even possible.

If no other ram changes Voltage like the other that i purchased for friend in past then I am looking at getting VS1GBKIT400. Please help me I'm confused!:confused: thanks for taking time to read!

I have that board but Rev 2 and am having excesive problems with Corsair RAM, I'm trying to use Value select but no joy. Out of interest what processor are you running on the board, I have the Athlon XP 3200. I'm considering Kingston now as that states it runs at 2.5v.

Good Luck

Shaun

I also have AMD Athlon 3200+ 512MB L2 Cache. I cannt find what voltage TWINX1024-3200C2PT runs at default. I guess my best bet is to get VS1GBKIT400, but I was looking for something a little better. I found a product (HyperX) that has Cas Latency 2 timings 2-3-2-6 with 2.5V but they don't come in a "Dual Channel Kit" but if I buy the same two things it shouldn't matter:confused:.

I had a GA-7N400 Pro 2 (Rev 1.x) till recently, and I ran the Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PRO successfully in single channel mode (possible short-circuit from a unused casing mounting prevented dual channel).

Plus, in the BIOS it was possible to increase the DDR voltage (by 0.1v, 0.2v, etc).

Marc

"so does that mean it's tested at 2.75V but could run at 2.5V? and would this then effect the timings? or would this effect the stability of my machine?

The modules may run at 2.5 volts, but you'd probably have to relax the latencies.

The board's specs just mean that it supports memory at JEDEC specifications and defaults to 2.5 volts.

As said, the BIOS allows you to increase it to 2.7 or 2.8 volts which should be fine with the 3200C2 modules.

PLUR

CK

Archived