Corsair Community

Voltage Compatibility

Oesoto

Hello

I'm interested in buying the Dual Channel Kit System TWINX1024-3200XLPT for my Intel D865GLC motherboard.

Corsair says that those memories and my motherboard are compatible.

My motherboard says that it needs 2.5v memory and the TWINX1024-3200XLPT uses 2.75v

Would be that voltage difference a problem for my system If I install that dual channel pack in my motherboard??

Thank you!

Hello

I'm interested in buying the Dual Channel Kit System TWINX1024-3200XLPT for my Intel D865GLC motherboard.

Corsair says that those memories and my motherboard are compatible.

My motherboard says that it needs 2.5v memory and the TWINX1024-3200XLPT uses 2.75v

Would be that voltage difference a problem for my system If I install that dual channel pack in my motherboard??

Thank you!

You will get stability issues with your rig. That's because Intel-brand motherboards (for the most part) lack any provision at all whatsoever to manually set the memory (DDR) voltage; thus, it's permanently fixed at slightly lower than JEDEC-reference values (between 2.5V and 2.6V). That will automatically disqualify the use of any performance memory. In addition, with such low voltage output anyway, you might as well run all of your memory at 3-4-4-8 timings.

(By the way, the TWINX1024-3200XLPT is a poor match to most Intel-brand motherboards because such modules require a minimum of 2.75V in order to work correctly.)

You need to look in your BIOS and see what the max Dimm Voltage is that you can apply to the RAM.

If you can set it to at least 2.7 then you should be fine.

I've ran the XL's at 2.6 with no problems.

You need to look in your BIOS and see what the max Dimm Voltage is that you can apply to the RAM.

If you can set it to at least 2.7 then you should be fine.

The problem is that the BIOS in many Intel-brand mobos has no provision at all whatsoever to manually adjust/set the DIMM voltage, nor does it even tell you the voltage delivered to the DIMMs. In fact, I had a D865PERL which lacks even a sensor for DIMM voltage, let alone adjustable DIMM voltage.

Archived