Corsair Community

Asus a8n Premium and 2GB xms xpert C2

AnomalyMD

Yes, BUT:

1. Only 2 sticks are guaranteed @ 2-3-3-6-1T timings.

2. FSB will probably drop to 333 Mhz due to design of the memory controller in the CPU.

3. XPERT LEDs are designed to connect to ONE stick, not 2, so 2 of the LEDs will be unused. 2 sticks (ones int he middle) will not be covered by anything.

Is there any special way I should set the timings, because my motherboard auto-reads some weird timings for this ram (2-3-3-7 @333mhz). Also, how should I set the voltages? I have tried to run the RAM at 2-3-3-6 at 2.8 Volts at 333mhz and it windows doesn't load properly, or it runs unstable and restarts itself. What about the timings under the 2-3-3-6, some are set to 10 and 11, which seems odd. I also have the latest BIOS (1009) and I'm not worried about using the LED's until the ram actually runs. 1 GB works fine, but it seems like putting 4 sticks in makes my motherboard want to kill itself. Thanks, I'm kinda new at this.

The memory won't run at all at CL3. I've tried various timings (2-3-3-6, 2.5-3-3-6, 2-3-3-7, 2.5-3-3-7) at 333 and 400mhz with 2.75 and 2.8 voltages, and windows still won't boot. I've tested all the sticks and they all work properly in 1GB dual channel, and by themselves.:[pouts:

The part number is 0514059-1 and it is xms3202v3.4. (I hope thats what youre asking for). And I'm really just trying to run them at 333 mhz or higher at CL2 or CL2.5...because my ram is bottlenecking horribly at games with only 1GB. The 1GB I have in there now is running at 400mhz at 2.5-3-3-6. As far as four sticks go, I have tried every combination of CL2 and 2.5 with 400 and 333mhz speeds, and voltages like 2.75 and 2.8. After all this, windows still has issues. If someone could go down the whole list of what the timings should be for me that'd be great. All I want is 2GBs of RAM to run, without having to send more sticks back to newegg (which I have had to do countless times). :mad:

Thanks again for all your help guys.

The part number is 0514059-1 and the revision number is xms3202v3.4, on all of the modules. One problem though, is that on one of the modules the numbers are rubbed out and I can only see the 4 and 0 of 0514 0 5 9-1, so this one module could be different than the others, which is highly unlikely because I ordered them from newegg at the same time. The two I have in now are the same revision and part number as the ones I'm trying to put in. Also, the one that the numbers are rubbed out on works perfectly in 1GB dual channel configuration and by itself. thanks.

Thanks! Before I do memtest, I'm going to try various timings at 333mhz and 2.8 volts. And it is ok to run the ram at 2.8 volts without the LED attachments on them right? Could you give me some recommended timings, since the motherboard auto-reads some weird timings. Do you recommend CAS latency 2 or 2.5?

Archived