Corsair Community

Problems with CMX512-3200C2

FallingHawk

Hello. I ordered a stick of CMX512-3200C2 from NewEgg, hoping that it would be excellent RAM for my multitasking and gaming needs. I recieved it yesterday, and plugged it in. It ran a CHKDSK, first. I didn't think that was too right, but let it run. When it finally booted up, it idled for about five seconds, and then rebooted. It reboots continuously. I don't know exactly what the problem is, even though my father and I both think that it is a malfunctioning stick. I would like to see what you think. My motherboard is a ASUS K8S-MX and my CPU is an AMD Athlon 64 3400+ in a pre-bought and assembled box. I was wondering if I should RMA it and hope for a working stick. If the RAM I bought is somehow uncompatible with my board, do yuo think you could recommend some more good RAM for both multitasking and gaming? Thanks.

Are you mixing it with any other memory? Have you set the timings up in the BIOS? Should be like so:

CAS Latency (tCL): 2

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6

Memory Voltage: 2.75 Volts

All other settings to defaults.

I did boot the system when there was only the new stick in, and it also has the errors on startup and the reboot problem. So, I don't really know where to go from there. I mean, the computer recognizes it and shows it. I was able to pull up a DxDiag window before it rebooted, and it said 1024MB RAM. What would be causing it to restart upon loading?

Archived