Corsair Community

iomega floppy plus and Corsair 2 GB 133x SD flash memory

EllieH

I recently purchased a Corsair 2 GB SD card to use with a Canon PowerShot A620. The iomega Floppy plus USB drive reads the 32 MB Canon SD card but does not read the 2 GB Corsair SD card.

I have tried it with an Apple G4 1.25 GHz dual computer and a 1.5 GHz Apple G4 Powerbook. Both computers are running Apple OS 10.3.9. I get the error message "You have inserted a disk containing no volumes that Mac OS X can read. To continue with the disk inserted, click ignore." (Other choices are Initialize and Eject.) The iomega drive reads 80X 1 GB compact flash cards with not problems.

I have been able to download through the camera using Canon's digital camera disk. I would prefer to use a SD reader.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I have tried different card readers and have had only about a 50% success rate of having the card reader to work with 120x or greater SD cards. I have four different card readers from different manufactures and only two of them will work with my Corsair 133x or Kingston Ultimate SD cards. One being a PQI USB 2.0 card reader and the other being my ASUS laptop with built in SD slot. My Datafab 23-in-1 USB 2.0 card reader will not work with either of the high speed SD cards I have. My Kingmax USB 2.0 SD card reader will not work with my 2GB 133x Corsair card but will work with my Kingston 512mb Ultimate card. With the performance being pushed so far compatibility is being compromised. The cards will work with the host devices such as my PDA, phone, and camera, but card readers seem to be where the compatibility problem is. It took me awhile to find a USB 2.0 card reader that worked with both of my high speed SD devices.

Archived