Corsair Community

I'm back!

YCH

Hi gang,

I guess most of you have forgotten me, but I posted rather actively last year when I got my HC 200ex. A shout out to the old gang Stev, Kapt and others. Is morrisgs still posting here?

Well enough of that. I'm STILL using the 200ex, and it's still running great! Actually, I added a big HX to the mix to cope with the FX-53@55 and 6800UE in my (aging) system. The probe reads about 30C with the ambient temps about 25C, so everything's good.

Anyways, I'm on a verge of a big upgrade! It's time for YCH to go PCI-Express! I'm selling my motherboard and 6800UE to my friend, and I'm getting a pair of 7800 GTs and putting them in SLI!

Now comes the question (actually a simple one too). I know the old Corsair coolant is basically 90% propylene glycol, right? Is the new Corsair Cool formula the same? I just bought a 250ml bottle and wonder if I should dilute it 1:3 as for the old Corsair coolant.

with 200ex is 33% PG (bosch pump) an the new cool (delphi pump) is 10% PG

Ok, so I guess the Corsair coolant being sold today is basically still the same PG formula.

Yep, morrisgs still haunts the forums.

Cool :)

MorrisGS,

I have aquired a 1-gallon pickle jar this past week. It's not Valssic, but a Mt. Olive type. :D: I'm moving one more step closer!

http://www.mtolivepickles.com/Home.html

However, I did find a person using a 5 gallon HDPE water canister. :p:

http://bksys.at/bernhard/watercooling.html

If you do notice, his tubing looks just like garden hose! Y-I-K-E-S it is! :eek: The reading really sounds like a novice getting his feet wet. In this case, his computer! :bigeyes:

Stev

Stev, how are you doing my friend;):

Looks like, and sounds like that one needs to stay with gardening and away from water cooling :confused: Wish him and and cpu the best of luck.

Hope you enjoy your Mt. Olive pickle jar! Mine is still going great and I love the simplicity of flushing the system using it. Plus it's keeping my temps low (presently 28C - but my comp has only been on for 20 min. usually levels off at 32 if it stays on long enough to warm up the whole pickle jar :D:

MorrisGS,

Life has been busy for the past year. However, in the last month a break in the hussel-bussel, rush it out mode, has leveled off. January could be the month that starts everything back up again.

I'm hoping that the Christmas break would allow the chance to work with the pickle jar. :biggrin: Although, my DW has plans for me to paint the living room during the holiday break. :sigh!:

It's good to see YCH back as well. :cool:

Stev

MorrisGS,

I have aquired a 1-gallon pickle jar this past week. It's not Valssic, but a Mt. Olive type. :D: I'm moving one more step closer!

Stev

Stev, you may want to do some research. I have been hearing some bad things about the thermal properties of the Mt. Olive series jars. Apparently, the silica used for their glass does not allow for the same quality of heat dissapation as the Vlassic series. ;):

Mike.

Stev, you may want to do some research. I have been hearing some bad things about the thermal properties of the Mt. Olive series jars. Apparently, the silica used for their glass does not allow for the same quality of heat dissapation as the Vlassic series. ;):

Mike.

I'd heard that too :roll: which is why I did extensive testing prior. My tests revealed that the Vlassic pickles came out cooler and crunchier than the Mt. Olive pickles 2 to 1 ;):

Looking forward to reading your results :D:

Are you guys removing the pickles before adding the coolant?:confused:

No way! :laughing: How else can you make sweeter and aged pickles! :o:

Just make sure you use the propylene glycol. It's an FDA approved sweetner found in many things like salad dressings, gummy bears, fruit roll-ups, MT. Dew, etc... :!:

Maybe that the reason why my test results are lower is the fact of having those pickels in there. :bigeyes: :biggrin:

Besides, I thought that the Mt. Olive jars were better since the mountains in N.C. contain diamond dust. Diamond is a great thermal transfer material. :D:

Archived