Corsair Community

TwinX1024-3200XL & DFI nF4 SLI-DR: Timing Tables request

samuelal

Dear RamGuy

My name is Samuel, and the parts for my system (detailed in "PC Specs" feature on this Forum) are due arrive on Tuesday - Nov. 22nd.

Everything but the memory is brand new, the memory I've been using for the last 15 months on the machine currently in my signature.

I would like to know if it is possible to receive complete table recommendations of the "Genie BIOS/DRAM" and "Geinie BIOS" based on your experience and great knowledge for two scenarios:

1. Tightest possible timings at 400MHz DDR with no divider.

2. Most relaxed possible timings with/without a divider which can yield the highest FSB possible.

* Complete tables along the lines of the post below, which you've actively helped another user would be most appreciated: http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=208070#post208070

* Please note that I do plan to install right from the start the XXX Tony's beta BIOS v704-2BTA, so if the above recommendations can go hand in hand with that BIOS, all the better.

If not, please advise me on a different one.

*** If you could also recommend as to which DIMM slots should I begin with in Dual Channel mode, the default Orange or the Yellow?

When it's possible to answer all those question, I will save this thread for offline use and print it for use during the installation of the new machine next Tuesday or so.

Thanky you very much for your help!

Samuel.

P.S. I promise to keep you posted.

1. Tightest possible timings at 400MHz DDR with no divider.

2. Most relaxed possible timings with/without a divider which can yield the highest FSB possible.

1. 2-2-2-5

2. They've got the potential to do 250 @ 3-4-4-8, but the OCability of the CPU can limit what you can do with a 1:1 ratio.

* Complete tables along the lines of the post below, which you've actively helped another user would be most appreciated: http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=208070#post208070
Use the same info, as the info is for the modules, not what motherboard they're using.

* Please note that I do plan to install right from the start the XXX Tony's beta BIOS v704-2BTA, so if the above recommendations can go hand in hand with that BIOS, all the better.

If not, please advise me on a different one.

*** If you could also recommend as to which DIMM slots should I begin with in Dual Channel mode, the default Orange or the Yellow?

Go over to DFI's forums for answers to those (although the slot question should have an answer in the manual): http://www.dfi-street.com

Wired, thank you very much for the useful information.

I will save and print the linked page for offline reference when installing the new system.

-> Will keep you posted on this thread.

P.S. if anyone else wishes to input from his experience, please do.

Have a good weekend.

Samuel.

Archived