Corsair Community

Asus P5WD2 Premium, Pentium D 830, 1GB ValueSelect DDR2-533

geetus

I'm having a similar problem with a similar build. Here's what I'm putting together:

Asus P5WD2 Premium

P4 3.6Ghz 800Mhz FSB socket 775

(2) CM2X1024-6400 Corsair XMS2 (800Mhz) (2 gigs total)

Asus EN7800GTX

Western Digital WD2000 200GB SATA

Enermax EG425P-VE (24P) 420W

I'm not even posting. All the power seems to be turning on fine, though. All the lights light up, all fans spin, but no POST beep, and nothing on the screen.

Here's what I've done:

I've switched the mem. modules to every different physical config (even though it should work OK in normal position, filling slots A-1 and A-2). The specific brand and model of RAM does not appear on the qualified vendors list (there are only 3 DDR2-800 mem modules listed as "qualified vendors", and I'd consider them off brands), but all the specs are within the limits the board should (easily) be able to handle. ** eliminated this problem. Corsair has tested my config successfully**

I've checked the CPU for damage (found none)

I've tried switching the graphics card from PCIEX16_1 to PCIEX16_2 (the other pci express slot) and back again.

I've reseated and re-plugged everything, more than once.

Reset CMOS

Unplugged everything but the cpu fan, gr. card

I removed all the RAM to see if I could get a beep code, but I got nothing.

As optimistic as I'd like to be, it's coming down to faulty hardware. If anyone has an idea that I haven't tried, PLEASE let me know. I'm begging.:(:

I've tried everything I know. Here's what I'm building:

Asus P5WD2 Premium

P4 3.6Ghz 800Mhz FSB socket 775

(2) CM2X1024-6400 Corsair XMS2 (800Mhz) (2 gigs total)

Asus EN7800GTX

Western Digital WD2000 200GB SATA

Enermax EG425P-VE (24P) 420W

I'm not even posting. All the power seems to be turning on fine, though. All the lights light up, all fans spin, but no POST beep, and nothing on the screen. Someone on another forum is having the same problem, which leads me to believe it's a setting and not faulty hardware (unless, coincidentally, he has the same faulty hardware).

Here's what I've done:

I've switched the mem. modules to every different physical config (even though it should work OK in normal position, filling slots A-1 and A-2). The specific brand and model of RAM does not appear on the qualified vendors list in the mobo manual (there are only 3 DDR2-800 mem modules listed as "qualified vendors", and I'd consider them off brands), but all the specs are within the limits the board should (easily) be able to handle. ** eliminated this problem. Corsair has tested my config successfully**

I've checked the CPU for damage (found none)

I've tried switching the graphics card from PCIEX16_1 to PCIEX16_2 (the other pci express slot) and back again.

I've reseated and re-plugged everything, more than once.

Reset CMOS

Unplugged everything but the cpu fan, gr. card

I removed all the RAM to see if I could get a beep code, but I got nothing.

As optimistic as I'd like to be, it's coming down to faulty hardware. If anyone has an idea that I haven't tried, PLEASE let me know. I'm begging. :(: :(:

Archived