Corsair Community

TWINX1024-4400C25 Problems

darkshine

I am seeing alot of posts about this model of memory but none of the users so far have had the same motherboard and processor that i have.

Problem is with my RAM, any of the system analysis programs and any benchmarks i try to run report my RAM as PC3200. The benchmarks that dont crash when i try to run report the RAM running at about half of a system with comparable sec should run at. I ran Memtest86 and it ran fine without any errors as far as i could see.

And i cant get into overclocking anything as of yet (i dont have the proper cooling or a big enuff power supply to support my dualie 7800gtxs :) ) and i really dont want to degrade performance just so i can run stable with this RAM.

And my bios date is updated to 6/05.

Any info is appreciated :)

Welcome to the forums, darkshine!

There's just a couple small things I can see.

1) Your power supply isn't strong enough for a dual 7800GTX setup. Low power rails can cause your system to become unstable when under stress (it uses around 2x more power than when idling, BTW). The ADW-45068has only 18 Amps on the +12v rail which is below the minimum for even one 7800GTX.

2) Your memory SHOULD be running at PC3200 speeds unless you overclock the system. PC3200 is based off the stock FSB frequency of 200MHz (not HTT which should be 1000). So, to get to PC4400 speeds, you'd need to overclock that to 275MHz since the memory WILL NOT run faster than your CPU's BUS clock. FYI, that's a 37.5% overclock and your CPU very well may not be able to achieve it, but it should be able to OC at least some.

PLUR

CK

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure you have the latest -3 BIOS installed for your MB (download the Beta version) and load optimized defaults settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

Genie BIOS/DRAM Configuration

DRAM Frequency Set: 2:1 or 400MHz or 200 (if option are 133/166/200)

Command per Clock: Enabled

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T

And leave the rest at AUTO setting

Genie BIOS

FSB BUS Frequency: 200

LDT/FSB Frequency ratio: 5X

LDT Bus Transfer Width: 16 16

CPU/FSB Frequency ratio: Auto

PCI Ex: 100

K8 cool N’ quiet: Disable

CPU VID Start Up Value: 1.55

CPU VID Control: 1.55

CPU VID Special Control: Auto

Chipset Voltage Control: 1.6

DRAM Voltage Control: 2.8

All other settings are motherboards defaults

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

If you over clock your system you will need to replaxe the settings.

Archived