Corsair Community

Unable to boot with Flash Voyager 1Gb

olavla

I am unable to have my 1Gb Flash Voyager boot, otherwise it works OK. The "Make Bootable Disk" also seems to work OK, as the needed files are correctly copyied to the USB-drive. I am trying to make a DOS 6.22 boot disk, containing COMMAND.COM, IO.SYS and MSDOS.SYS. The PC I'm trying to boot is a HP/Compaq nw8240, giving the message "Missing Operating system". A competing USB-drive product (512Mb "Mobile Disk") boots perfectly on this PC.

• 3 weeks later...
With this O.S. you will have to boot with a floppy and have your HDD disconnected and then set the partition active on the flash drive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have Win XP on my pc and i wanna boot from Corsair Flash Voyager USB 2.0 Drive, 1GB. I make a bootable usb device with Arconic Trueimage verison 9.0.

This it works fine. If i boot now on the other pc with this bootable usb stick (

all set correct in the bios, boot prio... and so on) then i have the message "Missing Operating system" . I don't wanna remove my harddisk or anything or make a partition with dos or some else! Is there a problem with the memory stick? or what? A competing USB-drive product boots perfectly on this PC. I will send it in for changing!!!

Thanks for answers!!! Regards Nobber

Please do a search for How to make a USB drive bootable with http://www.google.com and you will find a welth of information.

What a bad support!!! Is that really your answer!!!

If you can read, is it working with an other usb memory stick,

just not with corsair!!! I think it's a problem of corsair.

Please provide me what to do !!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Nobber

• Corsair Employees

Nobber,

I have told you what you would have to do, this is a limitation of the O.S. You can only have one active partition with FDisk. If you dissconnect the HDD and then boot with a floppy it will let you make the partition active. Or you can do a search for what I suggested as there are some third party utilities that may help you do this with out dissconnecting the HDD. I am sorry you feal that way but we will provide support for the drive not for the operating system you choose.

Learn how to make a USB drive bootable!

Nobber,

I have told you what you would have to do, this is a limitation of the O.S. You can only have one active partition with FDisk. If you dissconnect the HDD and then boot with a floppy it will let you make the partition active. Or you can do a search for what I suggested as there are some third party utilities that may help you do this with out dissconnecting the HDD. I am sorry you feal that way but we will provide support for the drive not for the operating system you choose.

Learn how to make a USB drive bootable!

Hello again,

Thanks for your answer, but i use the software arconis true image to make the bootable disk and have not the option to remove the harddisk.

So with other flashsticks it works... why not with the corsair stick, is there maybe the problem of the bios? :confused: i use a pheonix bios. what i see is, that the bios do no recognize the corsair stick. You have to know, i both this mermory stick and now i can't use as bootable usb device, that's very disapointing...beause with other sticks it works.

Kind regards :

Nobber :cool:

Archived