Corsair Community

Replacement VS512400 Worse Than The First

Unidan

I have an Asus K8VSE Deluxe with an AMD Athlon 64 2800+ overclocked to 2ghz. Currently it has one stick of Value Select 512mb DDR400 in DIMM1. I bought another 512 of the exact same type from newegg not long ago and it seemed to work at first until I started getting bluescreens and hundreds of memory errors in memtest. I RMA'd it and sent it back to Corsair, and just recieved a new (I think) stick of the same type, I installed it in DIMM2 and I couldn't even get to the XP user login screen before I got a bluescreen and had to reboot. I then proceeded to DIMM3 and no luck there. I took out my old 512 in DIMM1 and put the new stuff in that slot, another bluescreen. Put the old memory back in and I'm fine. What is going wrong? Is it possible to ask for a refund so I can buy something a little better than these defective value selects?

The old memory is in DIMM1, I've tried the new stuff in all slots, by itself and with the old memory.

Config System Frequency/Voltage

CPU FSB: 223 MHz

CPU Speed/Voltage: Auto

DDR Voltage: Auto

Memory Configuration

Memclock Mode: Auto

Bank Interleaving: Auto

TWR: Auto

DDR Clock Delay: Auto

2T Command: Auto

ECC Configuration

DRAM ECC Enable: Enabled

MCA DRAM ECC Logging: Disabled

ECC Chip Kill: Disabled

DRAM SCRUB REDIRECT: Disabled

DRAM BG Scrub: Disabled

L2 Cache BG Scrub: Disabled

Data Cache BG Scrub: Disabled

• Corsair Employee

I would not suggest over clocking untill we make sure one is not failing.

And I would set the memory voltage to 2.7 Volts minimum and if you over clock set it to 2.8 Volts. And with 2 modules the modules should be in slots 1-3 or 2-3.

The increase in voltage seemed to do the trick, I'm running on 2.7 at the moment, I attempted 2.8 with my original overclocking settings, but unfortunately got bluescreens. I'm slightly overclocking at 210MHz FSB, and there seems to be no problems.

Thanks Ramguy.

Archived