Corsair Community

Asus A8N-SLI Premium and TwinX1024-3200XLPRO

jrhodes98

OK, I built this system about a week ago, but am having issue with Corsair RAM in this setup. I can see that this type of ram is tested and approved for my setup, so am unsure what the issue is.

Specs are as follows:

Asus A8N-SLI Premium with BIOS 1009

AMD 64 4000+ retail (San Diego)

2 x 512MB Mushkin CH5 based PC3200 -OR-

2 x 512MB Corsair TwinX 1024-3200XLPRO -OR-

2 x 256MB PC3200 noname CL 2.5 (generic out of HP unit)

2 x EVGA 7800GT PCIe

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Sony DRU-800A DVD+/-RW

Seagate 80GB SATA

Maxtor 200GB SATA

Thermaltake TWV500W SLI PS

Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case

I am currently using the Mushkin ram for the time being, and all is good with that setup. Dual channel 400 works fine, running at 2-2-2-6 @ 2.75v with the Mushkins installed.

The moment I install the Corsair ram (which is only about 4 mos old, and worked fine in my NF7-s rev 2.0 board for the little while I had this running in it), I start getting all kinds of issues. Memtest insta-reboots the PC the moment it starts to load with Corsair ram installed. Windows XP sometimes blue screens during boot, with multiple/different error codes each time. When Windows does fully boot, if I try and run ANY software that reads the memory timings, one of 3 things happens: BSOD, hard lock, or the app crashes.

Put in the Mushkins, or the 2 x 256MB PC3200 noname set, and it works fine. I can use any util to read and display mem timings and such. Back to Corsair ram and BLAMMO!

I have tried all settings to AUTO in BIOS, and setting manually to. Nothing yet, but maybe I missed something too, dont know. What could I try? Could the ram be having issues? Any ideas of where to even start? I am at my whits end here.

Thanks in advance

Archived