Corsair Community

Help! RAM problem!

czglory

Ok, sO i have a 865pe-neo2 msi motherboard. I just bought this ram:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820145450

And I tried to install it. I did. I turned on my computer, monitor wouldn't boot up

my first thought : Oh, this has happened before. Cost me $600 and was followed by a terrible smell. I smelled that smell again and quickly shut off the power. I removed the Corsair ram which was pretty dang hot compared to my other Kingston 2x512mb ram.

I booted and luckily it didnt fry my mobo, but still, the corsair ram won't work! I was told on here taht this ram would be comptabile, but is it? is it not? What might have happened? Am I supposed to take off the metal casing around the corsair ram? :evil:

thanks all :(

TWINX1024-3200C2PT

Assuming that's what you meant (your link doesn't work).

Yes, they're compatible with the motherboard, HOWEVER, they can't be guaranteed to work with modules not of the same part / revision #. In otherwords, it's never recommended to mix modules from different manufacturers.

Try JUST the TWINX1024-3200C2PT in the system.

And NO, don't take anything off of the memory.

TWINX1024-3200C2PT

Assuming that's what you meant (your link doesn't work).

Yes, they're compatible with the motherboard, HOWEVER, they can't be guaranteed to work with modules not of the same part / revision #. In otherwords, it's never recommended to mix modules from different manufacturers.

Try JUST the TWINX1024-3200C2PT in the system.

And NO, don't take anything off of the memory.

Ok, I will do that. Thanks for helping ill report back with the results

--- yes that worked. They just wont mix well! thanks

Archived