Corsair Community

Bad Memory Twice??

RandyGle

I have 2 sets of paired Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT memory. I RMAed one set after having computer and application freeze up problems, along with memory errors showing up in the memtest utility on 1 of my pairs. After receiving and installing what I believe to be new memory modules my computer start displaying the same issues again. I ran the memtest again and it shows my new recently received RMAed memory modules to have errors. I tried the test on my motherboards other memory slots where my other good pair of memory test good in, just to rule out the motherboard as the problem, but receive the same errors. And to triple check I run a test with my good memory pair in the other memory slots that my bad memory was in and again they test fine. Is there something I may be missing or did I just get unlucky and receive a bad replacement memory pair:confused: ? Or did Corsair test my RMAed memory and to there standards they tested fine and sent them back to me:mad: ?

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-SINXP1394(GA-8SQ800 Ultra2) with BIOS version F6. MY Memory Part # is CMX512-3200C2PT on all my memory moduals. My recently received RMAed memory that test bad are revision 1.5 on both chips. My good memory pair is version 1.1 and 1.2.

I tested each pair seperatly and tested my first sent out RMAed memory chips separetly, but I have not tested my newly received RMAed memory seperatly yet. I have tried testing the pairs in different computers with the same results showing a bad pair and good pair.

• Corsair Employee
Please test the modules in another MB that will properly support DDR400. This MB is based on a chipset that officially only supports DDR333. And when you chnage to another module I would reset your bios and load setup defaults and then set the settings again even if they are the same as the previous module.

I did test the memory in an ASUS A7V880 motherboard with the latest BIOS 1009 which supports DDR400 and I get the same failed results. My computer with the ASUS A7V880 motherboard was actually the first computer I installed the memory into and that showed the signs off bad memory. I ran the memtest on this ASUS motherboard computer first and got errors and then ran the memory in my Gigabyte motherboard computer and continued to get the erros. And again my good pair of memory test good in both computers.

Archived