Corsair Community

VS128MB133A vs i440BX

Olaf van der Sp

The configurator is generalized. Individual motherboards and motherboard revisions may not properly support high-density modules.

In addition, some PC133 SDRAM memory will not work with a chipset that does not officially support PC133 SDRAM. In that case, the configurator is wrong. The Value Select PC133 SDRAM might have been one such module which required official support for PC133 SDRAM in order to work properly. Your i440BX chipset system officially supports only PC66 or PC100 SDRAM - and you must run the memory synchronously with the CPU's FSB, since the 440BX does not support asynchronous memory operation (in other words, the memory clockspeed is permanently linked to the processor's FSB clockspeed).

The configurator is generalized. Individual motherboards and motherboard revisions may not properly support high-density modules.

Other information says the 440BX chipset does not support chip capacities > 128 mbit.

I've got the same issue in another 440BX board (from HP, don't know exact type).

Are you sure most/some 440BX boards do support chip capacities of 256 mbit?

Other information says the 440BX chipset does not support chip capacities > 128 mbit.

I've got the same issue in another 440BX board (from HP, don't know exact type).

Are you sure most/some 440BX boards do support chip capacities of 256 mbit?

Not that I know of. The configurator is wrong, in this particular case.

• Corsair Employees
Well they should be compatible, but we are using higher density IC's now and the "A" single sided 128 Meg modules we make now may not be compatible. Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!"

Well they should be compatible, but we are using higher density IC's now and the "A" single sided 128 Meg modules we make now may no be compatible. Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!"

My primary concern is getting the configurator updated.

I don't intend to get RMA.

Archived