Corsair Community

Corsair Flash Voyager 1GB & Windows XP F6 install

d.chatten

I have a Corsair Flash Voyager 1GB and i have tried using it to install third party drivers when installing Windows XP using the F6 key at the start of the installation of Windows XP but i get a massage up telling me that that the file system is not recognised even though it's formated as FAT, my Corsair Flash Voyager 1GB works perfectly otherwise.

I also have a DISGO 128MB flash drive which is also formated as FAT and i have no problem installing third party drivers using the F6 key at the start of the Windows XP insallation.

Is there a way i can us my Corsair Flash Voyager 1GB to install third party drivers when installing Windows XP using the F6 key.

Are you trying to install WinXP on the flash drive? If not what exactly are you trying to do?

No i'm not trying to install WinXP on the flash drive, what i am trying to do is use the flash drive as a floppy to install third party drivers during the WinXP installation using F6.

I have now worked out what i had to do for this to work, i had to partition the flash drive so that the first partition was 530MB or less so it would work with with an F6 install and also so i could make the flash drive into a Win98 boot disk.

Archived