Corsair Community

Tired of Waiting for for Asus A8N32 have memory need advice.

EvolovE

Hello,

Well I've been building my new machine over the last couple of months and have dumped a lot of money into it, when I read that Corsair and Asus were working together to optimize their new A8N32 board with the Corsair Twinx2048-3500LLPRO I thought great I'll get that combo new tech in my new machine.... Well Corsair held up their end and put out the memory which I order and have had sitting on my desk for a couple weeks now while I watch my pre-ordered date on the motherboard get pushed back further and further. So I'm tired of having a desk covered in pieces I can't use. So I need to know what boards will work well with the Corsair Twinx2048-3500LLPRO memory that are out now, and will there be a performance impact on a level where I should send the memory back and buy different memory that matches a board better. I'm an avid gamer, and SLI is a requirement. The reason I was waiting on the A8N32 was I heard that the SLI anti aliasing was limited by the bandwidth and shined when using 32 pipes instead of 16... So right now I have a stack of pieces collecting dust on my desk and I need a machine up and running. So far I have:

AMD64 X2 4400

Corsair Twinx2048-3500LLPRO

NO MOTHERBOARD.....

2 Raptor 74Gig RAID 0

1 250 Gig SATAII

1 320 Gig SATA (Back Up)

2 Asus GeForce 7800 GTX

1 Sound Blaster XFatality Gamer w/ Drive Bay

1 DVD RW

1 DVD Drive

1 ThermalTake HardCano 13 Card Reader

2 Floppy (since I hate blank spaces)

1 Aspire X-Cruise Case

1 SILVERSTONE Zeus 650W PSU

1 Creative Gigaworks 7.1 Speakers

1 Thermaltake Aquarius III Liquid Cooling

1 64bit XP Pro

1 Logitech G7 Gaming Mouse

1 Saitek Backlit Gaming Keyboard

1 21in Monitor

So as you might guess I can't keep waiting on a ghost board, so any advice as to what to do would be appreciated.

Thanks

With two 7800GTX's, I'd wait it out and get the A8N32... those extra lanes will really unleash them!

You'd almost definately have one within one more month and I think it'd be worth it. Consider the rig a christmas present!

Barring your patience, go with the A8N-SLi instead, but with all that super-high powered gear, I think you'll be dissappointed with yourself if you don't get the A8N32.

Those are still great modules and will actually work with most any other mainboard, so don't worry about that part!

PLUR

CK

Thanks for the responses, I think I'm going to have to just grab a A8N SLI Premium leave the board on pre-order and then just take the loss and sell the Premium later on Ebay or something it seems to be staying up near retail cost there, not sure what it will do at release but I'll see then. Thanks again.

EvolovE,

I’ve got just the opposite problem from what you describe. My A8N32 is coming from Newegg on Monday, it’s actually here in town right now (no Saturday delivery) but I can’t get the memory. I ordered the Twinx2048-3500LLPRO from Spartan Tech on Wednesday, checked the next day on my order and they told me it was out of stock. Newegg says that this memory will be in stock on Monday, if it’s not I’m thinking of using some thing else. The rest of my specs for this system are below.

Motherboard: Asus A8N32 Deluxe

Processor: Athlon64 FX-55/San Diego

Memory: ?

Video Card: 2x e-GeForce 7800 GTX KO ACS3 Edition (SLI)

Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS

Hard Drive: 2x WD 74Gb Raptor (RAID 0)

Optical Drive # 1: Plextor Premium

Optical Drive # 2: Plextor PX-716A

Power Supply: PC Power and Cooling 510/SLI

Case: Silver Stone TJ03

Operating System: Windows XP Pro/SP2

Archived