Corsair Community

I have 1 bad stick need RMA....

gmod

I have the Following sticks or memory. 1 stick passes memtest just fine...over 10 passes.

Here is the Model #'s

CMX512-3200C2PT XMS3202v5.1 0530108-2

Both sticks have the same info on them...like ia said before 1 stick is awesome runs at the rated speeds without problems...

But the other wont even boot the computer up. As soon as I install the bad stick in I get nothing...Put the good stick in and computer boots fine. Ive tried the following mobos too..

Msi neo2 plat

Abit Nf7-s

Biostar M7ncg

Asus A8v

Msi Neo4-F...

All mobo's will boot with good stick but will not with bad stick...

1 question do I need to send both sticks in for RMA since they seem to be matching pairs..Thanks.

• Corsair Employee

Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Dude did you not read my post fully...Ive tried 4 different mobo's all are good.. Every board boots with the 1 good stick...When i take out the good stick and put the bad one in the boards refuse to boot. Dont know how much more plainly i can explain this. :confused:

Archived