Corsair Community

Sandra benchmarking problem

PhilipC

Spec:

Motherboard:

Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe nForce4 SLi (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard

Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 90nm (Socket 939) (STOCK)

Memory:

TwinX2048-3200C2PT

When i use the sandra memory bandwidth test the pc resets itself. This happens even if the latencys are set to motherbaord defaults. Any ideas? The only time it didnt crash was when i set the cas to 2.5.

I have TwinX2048-3200C2PT and in the FAQ it sais to set the bank interleave to 4 yet in the bios i cant find it, i have the latest bios version. If its not set will the motherboard choose the right option and if not will it effect me that much, also i think i read in here that the memory timing should be set to 2T rather thatn 1T but that was for differecnt ram does it apply to this type?

i managed to stop the crashing in sandra, i set all the settings including the cpu ones to default (auto) keeping in mind that it still crashes in sandra with the default settings i then re entered the bios and changed only the settings that are stated in the xms forum thread, i then set the ram voltage to 2.8 and the clock to 400mhz, now i get no crashing in sandra.

when i had the cpu on 200 fsb and the mutiplier at 11 with the ddr clock at 400mhz everything works fine but if i set the cpu fsb to 249 and the multipier to 10.5 with a mem clock of 333 mhz the memory seems to crash while testing

i have my cpu fsb at 11 x 200 and the memory at 400mhz, if i enable cool n quiet in the bios i can test my memory in sandra and get clean results however when cool n quiet is enabled the cpu mulitplier is at 5, so when i disable cool n quiet and do the very same test with the cpu at full speed the pc restarts?? Any ideas?

Archived