Corsair Community

K8N-SLI and TWINX1024-3200C2

xkookooman

I assume that you have an MSI K8N-SLI motherboard.

With your XMS 3200C2 modules, in the DRAM Configuration menu, please set the following:

Timing Mode: Manual

Memclock index value (MHz): 200

CAS Latency (Tcl): 2.5 (2.0 if you have a Venice or San Diego core CPU, an FX55, an FX57 or an X2)

Min RAS# Active Time (Tras): 6

RAS# To CAS# Delay (Trcd): 3

Row Precharge Time (Trp): 3

1T/2T Memory Timing: 1T

All other items on that menu should be left at their default settings.

Next, in the Cell Menu, set the following:

High Performance Mode: Manual

Memory Voltage: 2.70V or 2.75V

All others at defaults.

I put in all the values, and tried starting my computer. And the screen stayed blank, and for a whole 5 min, i seriously thought i killed my computer. I restarted my cmos, and set the CAS latency to 2.00, cuz I have an X2. I didnt touch anything else..

Well, all I did was change the CAS latency, and my comp seems to be running okay. The problem was when I changed all the settings, my copmuter would turnon, but nothing would show up on the screen. Could this be caused by the memory voltage? I had mine on auto. And what other settings besides CAS latency can I change and not risk frying my comp.

• 3 weeks later...

Timing Mode: Manual

Memclock index value (MHz): 200

CAS Latency (Tcl): 2.5 (2.0 if you have a Venice or San Diego core CPU, an FX55, an FX57 or an X2)

Min RAS# Active Time (Tras): 6

RAS# To CAS# Delay (Trcd): 3

Row Precharge Time (Trp): 3

1T/2T Memory Timing: 1T

High Performance Mode: Manual

Memory Voltage: 2.70V or 2.75V

All others at defaults.

I have a Neo4 with 3800-X2... So my Tcl should be 2.0, correct? Are you sure about the 1T/2T Memory Timing? I think it goes to 2T by default.

Finally, I'm very confused about voltage. The ram I am using is rated for 2.75 (Twinx2048-3200c2pt) so should I manually set it to that or let the motherboard pick this up automatically (which I don't think it does). What is the significance of increasing the voltage?

• 4 months later...
So with 4 modules you have to run at Cas 2.5 is that correct? If so then that’s normal. There is more loading on the memory controller when you add more memory and they will not over clock as well when they are heavily loaded.

Memory Basics Presentation.

Yes, but I assume that for 2 modules I could run at Cas 2 which isn't the case. I tried Cas 2 with just 2 modules installed and the computer wouldn't even boot to the BIOS.

• Corsair Employees

Test the modules one at a time and see if they will run Cas 2.0 running one up. If the system will run with just one module but not when in D/C there is some other problem.

Can you tell me the make and model of your PSU?

Archived