Corsair Community

Constant rebooting problems

trojen205

Hey guys,

Recently ive been having some problems with my computer, and i suspect it could be the memory. My pc keeps rebooting constantly while playing games, or just idle. Its got to a stage where i cant even boot into windows. So i reformatted thinking that it could be a corrupt OS but it still continued after a reformat. I looked around on forums to see if any other people are having the same probs, and a few where saying that it could be the memory, motherboard, cpu or a failing psu. So to check i went and bought a new motherboard which is the the one i currenty have and its still rebooting constantly. I tried a different cpu, psu but its still rebooting. Ive also tried a different GFX card, hard drives but its still reboting constantly. i ran memtest and it found over 300 errors after 3 mins! After all the changing parts and updating, i think the cause may be the memory. Please advise

Thanks

I response would be nice. I have faulty memory and would like to RMA them. Im sure there is nothing wrong with any other component. I have tried the memory in a mates PC and they wont work on his either. I have tested each stick on there on and found errors in both sticks. Please reply.

Thanks

Sorry, but it is now tuesday, an i still dont have a reply from CORSAIR. What is going on? I have faulty memory that i cant send back until according to customer service cause i have to post here in the forums? Please. I've spent nearly £200 on memory, that dont work.

Hi and thanks for the reply,

Ive just put back in my DFI board and im running at the following settings.

CPU FSB set to 275, DRAM frequency set to 1:1. Ram voltage is at 2.9 and cpu is at 1.40 Special Control at 113% Everything else is set to auto.

Any setting i try will cause the system to constantly reboot.

hey just read your post i am using the nf4 d board from dfi, did you check your jumper settings? They get kinda picky when it comes to that also I was having the same issue of it not loading windows so I upped the voltage to 3.0 and it has been running pretty stable thus far just a couple of suggestions

Hey dude,

Thanks for the suggestions. The computer was running perfect. I didnt adjust any jumper setting, just left them as they where when i first got the board and its been running fine. Then out of the blue it starts up with this problem. I dont think i would like to up the voltage to 3.0 as i think it invalidates the warranty on the sticks. Anyway i dont see why i shoud up the voltage when they where running fine at 2.9. Oh well its been nearly over a week since i posted here, just waiting to see when they finaly decide to give me an RMA cause its defintely the memory :(

• Corsair Employees
You would have to make that call we can only make suggestions! But I have no problem replacing your modules if you want to try that. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived