Corsair Community

Bad stick of Corsair Value Select

SRB2234

I ordered 2 sticks of Corsair Value Select 184 pin 512MB DDR PC-3200 ram on 5/14/2004 from newegg.com. My system had been running fine with this ram up untill a couple of months ago, when i started getting random restarts. At first I had no idea what was causing this infuriating problem, but i did some research and realized that it could be my ram. I downloaded memtest86 and proceded to run tests on both of my ram sticks together, and on each on indivudualy. My tests showed that one stick of my ram had A LOT of errors on it, so i removed it and the restarts stopped. My problem now is that my system is left with only 512mb of ram, not the best for a hardcore gamer... Im am now currently trying to get a replacement stick of ram and am posting in ordinace with the corsair warrenty policy.

I have heard that running ram duel channel is more effective when both dimms are manaufactured at the same time (something to do with the makeup of the sticks i guess). Would corsairs ram warrenty allow the replacement of both my sticks (in order to get a more compatible pair) and is this even nessisary?

Archived