Corsair Community

Faulty Module

Hossi81

Hi there!

As I'm from Germany, I hope you'll excuse my bad English. The reason for me posting in here is, that one or possibly both modules of my 2xCMX512-3200XL RAM are faulty.

I tried just about everything I could do:

- Timing Settings; Starting with the intended 2-2-2-5, I reduced these to MB-Defaults, safe values, just about everything

- I tried running the system with just one module, switching both, switching slots, everything.

- I up- and downgraded my MB-Firmware, didn't help

- Re-installed the complete system twice

- checked all other hardware by exchanging parts (thank god I still have my old parts around the place)

- Tried out all settings your FAQ und some forums could supply me with

None of this changed the situation, my system is absolutely instabil and crashes regularly once my Corsair-memory is used. Funny enough, I exchanged it for my old 2x256MB Samsung memory and it runs fine for now. Therefore I'd like to return my memory to Corsair for testing and replacement.

Oh, I forgot, here the system specs. They might be of help, but I checked compatability before buying the stuff, so this shouldn't be the reason for my crashes.

- Abit AV8 Mainboard

- A64 3500+

- GeForce 6800LE

- SB Audigy 2 ZS