Corsair Community

VS1GB400C3 & The ASUS P4SD-LA MB

kyle

I believe I ran into a compatibility issue with my system. It is a HP Pavilion a450y, I installed the Corsair ValueSelect 1GB DDR400 module into it and it just didn't work, memtest reported thousands of errors almost instantly, bsod, etc. But it worked fine in another computer. So after I refund it that's $30 lost over my mistake. Okay, my fault anyway.

But I still want to purchase a 1 GB module of RAM and I'm wondering what exactly are the specifications I have to look for in a module so that it will be compatible, is there any way to know in advance by looking at the RAM information to tell whether it will be compatible or not?

I agree with the RAM GUY. You have an OEM system, which does not work well with readily-available (at retail) third-party memory modules. As per Corsair's memory configurator, the only modules which are compatible with your system are the System Select modules in DDR400 and DDR333 speeds. Only a few large mail-order resellers carry those modules; however, you may be able to get your favorite store special-order the modules for you.

Archived