Corsair Community

cmx512 3200c2 different versions - problem ???

pexx

hi!

i have problems restarting my pc, when i have coll&quiet enabled.

could it be an issue from different versions on the ram modules. what is the difference in the versions? is there a general description ??

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me our modules part# and revision (How To Read the Memory Label) and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set? Also if you are having problem only when this is enabled that might be from the AMD CPU driver, so please make sure that you have the latest version of CPU driver installed from http://www.amd.com.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I have made some more tests:

First the Rev.Nrs.:

Module 1: CMX512-3200C2 v3.1

Module 2: CMX512-3200C2 v5.2

I found out, that if I have the newer Module (V5.2) in the first DDR-Bank and the older in the second, then the PC is restarting successfully. If I have it vice-versa (older in bank1, newer in bank2), then the pc isn´t restarting.

Is this an issue with the version numbers??

The other thing I don´t understand is, that the displayed BIOS screen while booting, shows me an SDRAM CAS Latency of 3. But I have set it to 2,5-3-3-6 !?!? How can I check which settings are really active ?

Here are some more settings from my pc:

MB Model = MSI K8T Neo 6702 v1.0

Bios: AMI V2.2

AMD Athlon 64 3000 Socket 754

Radeon 9800 pro

BIOS Settings:

MEM Settings: 2,5-3-3-6 manually in BIOS set

Memclock Mode: Auto ---> BIOS Boot Screen shows DRAM Clock = 400 MHz

System Performance is set to turbo.

All other settings are standard -> no OC active

Please help. Thank you

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but with this platform, all of the modules would need to be the exact same revision and part#. I would suggest you try and find another use for you old modules and see if the reseller will let you send the modules you just got back and then get one Twinx2048-3200C2 set of modules for best performance.

Archived