Corsair Community

Replacement No Good

ahill22584

I just received a new pair of CMX256A-3200C2PT for warranty replacement (case 100666). After installing them in my machine, it booted into windows and then crashed after 5 minuets. When I rebooted, windows presented me with an error which is explained on Microsoft’s site here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316400. The first stick in slot one allows the system to boot into windows. Any other slot, it will not POST. The second stick will not allow the system to POST in any configuration except if it is in slot 2 with the first stick in slot 1, then I receive the error, and windows will not boot. In this configuration, Memtest86+ gives constant errors. The first stick by it self gives no errors. I have tested a friend’s King.ston memory in my system and it works fine. My Corsair sticks provide the same results in his Shuttle PC.

Here are my system specs:

Asus A7N8X Deluxe

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton

2 CMX256A-3200C2PT

Latency: 6, 3, 3, 2.5

The system is not overclocked.

• Corsair Employees

Please install the modules in slots 2-3 and then clear the bios with the CLRTC jumper and set the following settings and test the modules with http://www.memtest.org.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Same results after clearing BIOS. With the sticks in slots 2-3, the system will not POST and immediately reports “failed memory test” through the speakers. I have double checked the settings which I can only set before I switch the sticks to slot 2-3 from 1-2. And I have tried both sticks in both slots.

Archived