Corsair Community

A8V & Venice

Kingtoke

Hi i wanted some info before i went ahead with my purchase. i've heard of alot of problems with venice cores and double sided dual channel memory running in DDR400 mode.

i was considering purchasing an

A8V Deluxe

AMD 64 3200 Venice core

i already have

Twinx1024-3200XLPT

will these work together or will i be looking at blue screens all day long?

i'm afraid the answer is NO. it does not seem to work. i cannot install XP on a test drive in work as a random file cannot be loaded everytime whilst running in dual channel (i have tried several disks as well as sysprep). it seems to work fine in single channel. i have updated to bios rev 1014.

any suggestions as to what route i can take to sort it? obviously i dont want to run in single channel mode. i have an 850xtpe agp card, so upgrading to a PCI-E board is not an option. and htis is the only high end agp s939 board we sell.

Well looking at your specs again, this RAM should run in DC without problems.

Do you have other RAM that you can test in DC mode with?

What is the RAM voltage?(go 2.8).

You could also try to clear the CMOS.

If other RAM does'nt work in DC, than I suspect that there is something

wrong with the MOBO itself.

its actually a big problem we've been having in work. as a computer reseller we sell alot of systems, but we would normally sell them with XXXXXXXXX memory. in my own system i woud only use corsair and have done for years. but we've been having alot of trouble with returns with venice cores and 2x512 double sided dual channel memory running in DDR400, not just with the a8v but in the a8n-sli as well. when we sold winchester chips we never seemed to have this problem.

the chip im using ends with BP. i was looking between jobs in work but i couldnt find where to change the voltage for the memory in the bios of the A8V. i did try playing with the timings but nothing seemed to work

as a computer reseller we sell alot of systems,

So you should have access to other RAM to test with.

If the BIOS is set to Default, the advanced features are usually grayed out

(not changable).

You would need to go to the Advanced/Chipset tab and chane the system settings from default to Custum or User Defined.

The RAM settings should now be available.

(this is general, the MOBO manual would be more specific)

Although the Memory Controller is on the CPU itself, DC is a MOBO feature.

Maybe Ram Guy can give more insite to the problem.

• Corsair Employees
You have to go under Jumper Free Config and set AI Over Clock Tuner to Manual and then you can set the Voltage to 2.8 Volts and then under CPU configuration you find the Dram Config and set it to manual and set the timings manually. In addition, I would get the latest beta bios and load setup defaults as I have seen a lot of people having problems with the new Core CPU's as well. Most likely this will be resolved with time as the bios matures for these MB's

we played about with it a fair bit today. setting the ram timings manually. i couldn't see the voltage. but the timings were pretty easy to find.

i know for a fact our kin**ton ram has the same fault. it is happening with *all* of our systems running a venice core with doublesided dual channel memory in ddr400 (underclocking the memory to 333mhz is our 'workaround' for this, but i would rather not have to do this on my own system). i was hoping and praying that it would work with my corsair stuff as i'm busting to upgrade to 64bit.

• Corsair Employees
I would try and call our tech support and we can try to help you sort that our or at least give you some things you can try. Please have your complete system configuration including make and model of your PSU when you call and all of the part#'s you have and bios versions. 888-222-4346 and choose option 2 at the main menu.

sad news im afraid.. i tried the ram at 2.8v as suggested and altough it managed to get onto the 3rd prime95 test it still failed. i tried our k******n memory in it today, with 100% success.

i'm reluctant to say that my ram is faulty as A) it works fine in this system, B) i've recently had it replaced by yourselves (approx 5-6months ago)

phoning corsair technical support is not an option as i live in the UK and it is prohibitively expensive. i'm really looking at the man in the mirror and wondering what he would look like with no hair as i'm very keen to get this system up and i most defiantely do not want to downgrade to value ram

Archived