Corsair Community

Bad Memory Modules CMX512-3200C2PT

bud794

As of late, my computer has been constantly locking up and hard crashing. My programs are running really slow. I thought it was a heat issue with my computer, but I rebooted, checked bios, and all temperatures show up as normal. Normal temperature usually range from 37-38 Celsius. I ran memtest86 on both of my Corsair memory modules, and it has found errors on both sticks of ram. I would like to return 2 of my 512mb sticks and get replacements guaranteed to work and tested 100% error free by memtest86. Please note I have already done this once before about 2 years ago when I first received these memory modules from newegg.com. :confused:

Sam

It's XMS3202v1.2 0327769. I took two of the Corsair modules out of my computer, and I put them into a brand new computer with known good configuration. I ran memtest86 on both sticks at a time and found errors. I then took one stick out, and ran memtest86 on each individual stick and found errors on both. The USB legacy support was not on in the bios settings, but curious to know, why would having that option on cause false positives? :confused:

Sam

They were also not in the same slot, I switch slots sometimes to make sure it was the memory itself not the motherboard causing problems. I'd like to mention that I took one bad memory stick, and placed it in a brand new ECS nforce3 board, with brand new known good parts. I also placed Kingston 512 mb PC3200 CL2.5 in another slot, and when the computer booted up, it kept clocking down to DDR 333, not DDR400. When I took the bad corsair memory out, the computer clocked back to DDR400. Isn't that weird?

My computer have been hard crashing, rebooting on its own, and sometimes run /load really slow.

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived