Corsair Community

Water Cooling Question

Henkea

Should I be scared of putting water into my tower? Anyway I'm building a high performance machine and had not previously heard anything serious about water cooling, it was myth-like. Is it the wave of the future or just another JAZZ drive? Guys with Water cooling, what do you like about them and what do you not like? Is it a viable safe alternative to loading the tower up with fans?

Should I be scared of putting water into my tower? Anyway I'm building a high performance machine and had not previously heard anything serious about water cooling, it was myth-like. Is it the wave of the future or just another JAZZ drive? Guys with Water cooling, what do you like about them and what do you not like? Is it a viable safe alternative to loading the tower up with fans?

I'll tell you one thing... it's the only QUIET alternative. Anybody can have a great cooling setup, even with air, but only watercooled setups are also very quiet. Any fan above 45 dB would drive me insane, but that's basically what I'd need in order to match the performance of a Corsair COOL.

Over clocked ; COOL and QUIET. Sometimes quiet enough to hear the fluid bubbling in the reservoir. ! Not only are my PC's running cooler, the ambient room temp has dropped as well. I have 4 water cooled PC's running 24/7/365 in a smallish room (10'x9'). Before water cooling it was noisy and warm. Now, cooler and quiet.

Yes Watercooling is safe, as long as you dont skimp on fittings and parts etc.

Anyway i use non conductive liquid, am not too woried about leaks. Its expensive, but not as expensive as a new computer eh?.

I use a large resevoir, and i can get good temps with low noise, the main noise i hear is the trickling of liquid , can be quite relaxing compared to the super noise of lfans(air cooling)

PeteB

Archived