Corsair Community

Asus p5wd2 premium with Corsair ddr2 6400

Lirdes

Hello, I am new to the forums here. I see allot of good answers here so I hope someone can help with my issue.

I am running an Asus p5wd2 premium MB

pentium D 3.2 cpu

Corsair ddr2 800 pc6400 ram (2X1gig)

My problem is at post the bios is recognizing my ram as only pc 5300

Obviously I want it to run at it's fullest (6400) as I know both the ram and the motherboard can handle the speed not even being overclocked. I cannot seem to find an answer on how to adjust the bios to accept this ram at full speed. any help would be great. Thanks

Lirdes

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem and I cannot find the test page. I want to know what the DRAM Write Recovery Time should be set to..... I see everywhere that it says 5-5-5-12 well there is one more setting that isn't showing up here. My range options in BIOS is from 2 - 6 clocks. What should it be set to?

I have the ASUS P5WD2 Premuim MB and the Intel Pentium 840 D Extreme Edition and Corsaire TWIN2X2048-6400PRO running in Dual Channel mode. I would also like to know specifics as to setting up the CPU Core Voltage and settings for this to run but not as Overclocked on my CPU. I want performance without overheating. Thats why I bought the Best of all components.

• Corsair Employees

Any setting's that are not listed should be set to Bios default or auto!

Testing parameters for Twinx/XMS2-6400:

Motherboard make and model: Asus P5WD2 Premium/Deluxe

Each pair is tested and packaged together using the following settings:

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU External Frequency: Manually set to 200MHz

DDR2 SDRAM Clock: Manually set to 800MHz

PCI Express Freq: Auto

PCI Freq: 33.33

Performance Mode: Standard

DRAM Timing Selectable: Manual

SDRAM CAS Latency: 5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 5T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 5T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 12T

SDRAM Write Recovery Time: 5

DDR2 SDRAM Voltage: 1.9

Chipset Core Voltage: Auto

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Maximum DDR2 recommended VDIMM: 2.1 Volts

• 1 month later...

i never had any problem with 2 gigs until i recently upgraded to 4 gigs. My computer reboots itself every time window starts to load. I went in bios and overclock my cpu (pentium d 830 3.00) to fsb 925 mhz at ddr2 800. everything seems stable now but my bios load still indicates pc 5300 (not 6400) and cpu is now running at 3.6. Is there a way to set (or change ) in the bios so that i wouldn't have to overclock my cpu. all i want to do is to have 4 gigs runs at 800mhz (6400) with 3 gigs cpu. i also recently have to upgrade to window pro 64 bits because 32 bits can only recognize 3gigs max.

thank you.

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules you may not be able to over clock your system as much. And I would set the memory voltage to 2.1 Volts as well. The bios will show the memory as PC-5400 the tested settings would need to be manually set, but only one set would be suggested.

"The bios will show the memory as PC-5400 the tested settings would need to be manually set, but only one set would be suggested".

what do mean by only one set can be manually changed? i did not know there is an option in the bios that i can change one set to 6400 and leave 2nd set at default. please, how? i prefer NOT to overclock my cpu. But if i have to, i prefer to overclock to 3.2 or 3.4 NOT 3.6 (that's almost 85 percent increase). I don't want to use water cooling for my cpu. At this moment, enable for me to run 4 gigs ram ddr2 at 800 mhz STABLE is to overclock my CPU from 3 gHz to 3.6 gHz(63 celcius degree kind of hot). Please help. I just need to run a STABLE (with crashing when windows tries to load) without overclock my CPU or minimal overclock NOT LIKE right now 85% overclock. I want to run 3.0 gHz CPU at 3.0gHz. and 4 gigs ram ddr2 800 memory at 4 gigs ram ddr2 800 memory . Is it possible? Thank you.

I'm in the process of putting a system together: Asus p5wd2 premium with Corsair XMS2 ddr2 6400 (TWIN2X2048-6400) and P4 630 @ 3.0 GHz/ 800MHz. I keep getting "Blue Screened" at the very moment Window's setup tries to start. I know the memory is good: Memtest86. Tried each stick on its own in all slots and still the "BSoD". The processor is compatable, from all that I've read, but I'm thinking that it may be faulty. **edit** Let me add that I have also tested the memory and processor in another system (a Dell) and they both ran fine. Also, I replaced the MoBo at the advise of ASUS an got the same result. While I'm thinking about it. It there a better processor for gaming that is compatable with this board and has a reasonable cost? ($300 or below) **edit** Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

-Illprepared

• Corsair Employees

Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XM2S-6400 Cass 4-4-4-12 and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

If you still have problems or if you have four modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at 667 MHz.

-Ram Guy

Thanks for the response. I kept searching for other users of the Asus P5WD2 Premium board that had the same STOP codes I was getting. Most suggested that it was related to the HD, but I finally found the answer. It turns out that I wasn't paying attention to the whole of the MoBo, not having delt with this type of board before. It has 2 Primary EIDE slots and 1 secondary. 1 primary and secondary are red and made only to handle HDs. The other Primary is blue and at the very edge of the board, set far from the other EIDE slots. My dvd drive was plugged into the EIDE slot for the HD which was causing the problem. Ugh...I really need to keep on my MoBo technology. Thanks again.

-Illprepared.

Archived