Corsair Community

2GB XMS3200C2PT TwinX at 8-3-3-3!!

mattfigaro

I have got msi neo 2 platinum, athlon 64 x2 4400 with Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX .

The problem is that the system will not boot unless the memory is running timings of 8-3-3-3.

Tried running at cas 2.5 and bumping the juice up to 2.75v but still no joy

I previously had 2 x 512 geil value and they ran 7-4-4-2.5 @ 2.6 volts

Surely this isn't right

I only bought the ram today

I spent the extra on this XMS memory but have not got any benefit over the much cheaper stuff

Anyone got any tips?

The mobo and cpu are less than a month old and never given cause for compalint

Ram Guy, and Wired, Thanks for the prompt replies

I will have a look at the model /revision numbers when i turn the pc off

I think i have got the root of the problem

I was overclocking the fsb to 237 which never bothered the value ram before. I thought the neo2 let you lock the memory to 400 , but I am a noob when it comes the the skt 939

So I set everything back to default and FSB 200, and then set the memory to 6 3 3 2 1T and it booted into windows. Then it hanged at the desktop, so increased the voltage in increments to 2.75 and it froze each time.

Dropping the cas to 2.5 made it stable.

I have since gone back to the original overclock with the 2 x 1GB sticks @8-3-3-3 2T

The system is still not superstable as it will sometimes reboot during a gaming session

I suppose I will have to accept that there is a trade off for having 2 gig of ram or should I set the ram as 333 and run it overclocked at cas 2.5 or 2.0 if poss so the ram is near a true ddr 400 speed

Thanks

Mattfigaro

Wired , just noticed you have got a liteon 411s, Did you do the Zebmod to convert it to 811s??

Come and see the zebmod team @ speedlabs.org

• Corsair Employees
Based on your configuration you would need at least a 550 Watt PSU to over clock. I would try a bigger PSU and see if that helps. Or if you can test the modules on another system one at a time that might help to be sure its not a module problem.

Archived