Corsair Community

Applications

Theoscion

I have just purchased, for the first time, a Flash Voyager (1gb), and was wondering is there a way to install an application on the drive and run the programs as I go from computer?? Would it be done like a normal install, or there something special I would need to have that would avoid execution errors, such as registry discrepancies, or a lack thereof?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
Well it would depend on the application. If it added entrys to the system registry then I dount it would run. However, if the application is self contained like for example CPU-Z then yes should be no problem.

The reason i asked was because I heard from a friend as he was reading into flash media, that there is a way u can run software straight from the media drive, and as he was quoting the article to me, he named some software that this software can enable to run that i know for a fact require registry settings, and I was wondering if anyone knew of this software, or any other method to making this happen, as I would like to be able to run some programs that I frequently use as i bounce from place to place, without having to deal with installing/uninstalling the software each time.

Any thoughts?

• Corsair Employees
The only way would be to install the application to the drive on each system if it installs files to the Windows System folder or adds registry entries. But you can just try and run the application and see what errors you get, if it’s just a file then copy the file to the correct solder and it should run. Most times the registry entries are just to add shortcuts which are not needed to run.

• 2 weeks later...

Would one of the software applications that allows you to run a CD/DVD from an image file on a HD work with a Flash Drive in the same manner?

Jack Flash, can you test this for us?

If the answer is YES ... please recommend some software!

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees
No I am sorry you would need to test that for your self. There is just too many possibilities to be able to test them all. And yes this type of software may be able to run like that, but you would need to test it. Sorry!

Archived