Corsair Community

could not overclock with 8000UL modules

gawad

hi ram guy can you help me please i got my motherboard its asus P5WD2 Premium and 1Gig of 8000ul ram (twin2x) ok regarding the setting that its been tested for this ram it did not work on my computer because did not boot . i dont know maybe i did something wrong in the setting on the bios? now i dont want to overclock but i need the fastest default setting you recomend for me i have the latest bios installed and my CPU is 3.6 gig 2mb cash . thank you

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.2 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then set the memory frequency to 533MHz and test the module/modules one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

hi i tested the memory sticks with mem86 until the 5th pass there was no error as i talked to a technical support he told me that you do not need to wait for the testing process fo 2 or 3 days just 2 or 3 passes and if there is no error than its ok. now one question my CPU is retail so can i unlock it ? and if yes according to the settings on your web site there is no mension for the option of unlocking the cpu do i need to unlock it in order to the overclocking to be sucsessful? thank you

hi i tested the memory sticks with mem86 until the 5th pass there was no error as i talked to a technical support he told me that you do not need to wait for the testing process fo 2 or 3 days just 2 or 3 passes and if there is no error than its ok. now one question my CPU is retail so can i unlock it ? and if yes according to the settings on your web site there is no mension for the option of unlocking the cpu do i need to unlock it in order to the overclocking to be sucsessful? thank you

Archived