Corsair Community

kinda noob help..

i got a p4c800-e deluxe board with a precott 3.2 @3.68 . my ram is a set pair ...corsair twinx 2048pro 3200 c2.. at the moe.. my ram timeings are 3.4.4.8 and my fsb is 230. so im @3.68.. i am water cooled on the cpu with a very nice polaflo block and d5 pump with a nice big rad.. it stable as we speak.. but i want more out of it.. i have had it to 3.9 but i hadnt done anything with the ram. and it would reboot after about 20mins of bf2 any ideas? my v-core is 1.45 and the ram frec is at 153.3mhz fsb:dram 3:2 im pretty new to this and . any where i gone wrong.. feel free to put me right.. thanks

after reading some other posts.. i put my ram frequency up to 235. now my fsb:dram is 1.1 timeings 3.4.4.8 my fsb is also 235 so now im at 3.76gig and seams ok so far.. time will tell. am i heading the right way? if it stays stable like this.. to go higher.. to get the fsb on the ram the same as my fsb. do i have to loosen the timeings more? say 3.5.4.8 <--- just an idea

• Corsair Employees
You will probably hit the top end of your CPU verry soon but yes you have the right idea. And you can always set the timings to Cas 2-3-3-6 at 2.8 Volts with the memory divider and see if you can get a bit higher on your CPU.

Archived