Corsair Community

Compatible Memory

Guinnesspounder

I'm trying to find some compatible memory for my computer. I would like 1Gb (512x2)of dual channel memory. Here are some specs for my computer.

CPU model and rated speed:- Intel 3.0GHz

Motherboard and revision :- ASUS P4SD-LA

Motherboard Bios rev:- 3.28

Video card:- XFX6600GT

Power supply brand, model and wattage:- 420

Operating System (XP, 2000, ME?):- XP

Current Memory Timings: 3-3-3-8@200mhz

This is all from an HP Pavilion A450N computer. I had a problem with another manufacture, their web site said that part#XYZ would work in my computer but when I tried to put them in they wouldn't even POST. On their forums they said that other XYZ modules would work on my computer but upon calling tech support they said it was a no go. I am looking for dual channel more than low latency, in particular I was looking at these. Are these compatible with my computer/MOBO?

Thank you for your help.

I did look it up and it gave me a pt# for a single sitck of RAM. I was wondering if there is any dual channel kits that are compatible with my steup, in particular something like these. I can't find the timings for the RAM but the CAS matches the CAS I have now.

There is no such thing as Dual Channel memory, as this is a property of the memory controller in how it handles memory. This is why you can place memory in different slot configurations on a motherboard and it will register as single or dual channel.

Just get 2 CMS sticks.

I did look it up and it gave me a pt# for a single sitck of RAM. I was wondering if there is any dual channel kits that are compatible with my steup, in particular something like these. I can't find the timings for the RAM but the CAS matches the CAS I have now.

Unfortunately, those Value Select modules are not designed to be mixed with your current RAM. (By the way, Corsair recommended using CAS 3-3-3-8 timings with those modules.)

That memory also may not be the best choice for your system, since it's an OEM system. In fact, it's not on the list of compatible modules for your system. The only modules that are compatible with your system are the System Select DDR400 modules, available in 256MB, 512MB and 1GB sizes. Unfortunately, very few resellers carry memory designed specifically for OEM systems.

Archived