Corsair Community

Ddr2 533

bcraves

I purchased a 1 GB memory module kit through Directron. I was unable to format/install Windows on a new system install. They suggested I try the individual RAM modules one at a time. Turns out install would lock up with one of the modules and the other seems to work perfectly.

Directron said I needed to return both modules since it was a kit. If I do that I have no computer. Will you replace only one module at a time? Part# is VS512MB533D2.

Computer seems to run with single stick or RAM. If that is acceptable and computer should temporarily work OK with only on mod. I would rather just return the other mod. to you for replacement or repair.

Please advise best way to do this.

Thanks,

Bill Craves

• Corsair Employees

Bill,

I would go ahead and try replacing the failing module if you cannot be with out your system for a few days. There is a good chnace the modules will work with out problems as Value Select DDR2 modules only have one BOM that I am aware of at the moment. If your system will not run with both modules when you get that one replaced we can always do another RMA and replace both.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived