Corsair Community

bad TWINX2048RE-3200

tkotitan

Memtest has given me 5 pass and 1024 fails after 8 hours of testing. I am running the two dimms each in single channel mode on an ASUS K8N-DL dual opteron setup. Because each CPU needs its own ram, I can't isolate which of the two 1GB DIMMs it is, but would rather just RMA them both. I tried to contact zipzoomfly.com and see if they'll replace it, but no word from them yet, and it doesn't seem as though they'll RMA a part sold after 30 days. So, should I ask for an RMA number?

That might suggest some other problem if you are not getting erros until the eight pass. I would set the memory voltage to 2.7 Volts and you can test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

Yes I've been running the latest memtest86 from a bootable floppy. I just restarted tests at 2.7v and normal speed 200mhz. Should I disable CPU2 and test each module on CPU1? I'm not sure how easy that is to do without removing my cpu and heatsink setup. It says it is on test #6 and I already have 800+ errors. I know I had some failures after test #4 when I checked it. Is this a good test for isolating if my ram alone is bad, or could it be motherboard/vid card related as well?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived