Corsair Community

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium & TWINX2048-3500LLPRO ?

Thorsten Q

Hey guys,

I recently bought an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Mainbord for a new system that I'm building from scratch.

Yesterday I've seen these TWINX2048-3500LLPRO RAM-modules and that they were designed for the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe.

Now will they work as well on the board I bought as they do on that specific board they were designed for ?

I'm wondering because it's almost the same series...

cya

At this time this module is only available as a Pro! Sorry!

I am talking about the PRO-modules.

I just want to know if they WILL work on my MB and if they will, will they run with similar performance or is my MB not the right choice for these modules (or vice-versa).

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys,

I recently bought an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Mainbord for a new system that I'm building from scratch.

Yesterday I've seen these TWINX2048-3500LLPRO RAM-modules and that they were designed for the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe.

Now will they work as well on the board I bought as they do on that specific board they were designed for ?

I'm wondering because it's almost the same series...

cya

Thorsten,

Did you purchase the RAM as of yet and how is it working? I too had the same question. Additionally, I was thinking of using this board and 4GB of the same memory and an AMD 64 X2 4800+. It also seems that this memory/board combo is what is being used on this site in the new system build forum.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

why 4 gb though?

Well, a few years ago I bought a Dell with 2GB of RAM and was told that was too much if only playing games and surfing the Internet. I was thinking of games like BF2 that seem to use more RAM and future games as I will keep this new system for about 3 years or so.

I could always start off with 2GB and then upgrade if need be in the future... Would 4GB slow things down a bit as compared to the speed of 2GB?

Archived