Corsair Community

Corsair XMS 4000 Pro gives me artifacts in games

fli_guy84

I just bought a 2 corsair xms 4000 pro sticks and installed it in my computer. the problem is when playing games such as warcraft 3, guild wars and FEAR demo, there's a lot of artifacts. sometimes the games would just hang seconds after it started. as i'm using an asus p4p800, there should be no problem since it's on the compatible motherboard list. when i change back to my old ram, the problem dissapears. i'm running the ram at 3-4-4-8 @ DDR500 with 2.75V. anybody know how to fix this?

Specs:

P4 2.4C @ 3.0

Asus P4P800

2x512MB Corsair XMS 4000-Pro

Aspire 500W PSU

NEC DVD-RW

SB Live sound card

Hitachi 80GB + 160GB

yup. i was using PQI turbo pc4000 before. also, updating my motherboard bios didn't help :(:

does this have anything to do with my motherboard? i've read this forum thread http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36931&page=2

and that guy seems to have the same problem as mine. it seems that the problem was resolved when he changed his motherboard

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure the bios is being reset when you change the memory and you re-enter the same settings. There are 4 settings that get set by the modules SPD and may not be detected if you just change the modules.

Archived