Corsair Community

VS 1GB Memory Module Kit

lightsonic

Hello,

I upgraded my DELL 8300 with a VS 1GB Memory Module Kit and the computer does not work properly. No error messages during POST but when using Windows, messages saying that memory cannot be read or written appear randomly.

I ran the diagnostics program provided with the computer and when running the memory tests, several failures are detected. Each kind of memory tests cannot be run with success. I think that my modules are faulty. May I request an RMA?

Regards.

PS: My supplier (Surcouf) is not willing to perform advanced tests on my modules.

I forgot to say that I am using Part Number VS1GBKIT333.

Hello,

I upgraded my DELL 8300 with a VS 1GB Memory Module Kit and the computer does not work properly. No error messages during POST but when using Windows, messages saying that memory cannot be read or written appear randomly.

I ran the diagnostics program provided with the computer and when running the memory tests, several failures are detected. Each kind of memory tests cannot be run with success. I think that my modules are faulty. May I request an RMA?

Regards.

PS: My supplier (Surcouf) is not willing to perform advanced tests on my modules.

Hello,

I didn't mix the sticks, I am using the two sticks provided in the Corsair Kit only. So Corsair sticks are using the two bank 0 slots and the two bank 1 slots are empty. 1GB is detected by BIOS.

What do you mean by using the System Select Memory?

For starters, you can't mix the Corsair stick another stick.

Your BIOS probably does'nt have the options to even make the Corsair stick

work by itself.

If it does'nt work, you would need need to use the System Select Memory.

Your Specs said 256+1GB.

The Corsair System Select RAM is specifically made for Proprietary systems

such as HP,Dell,Compaq ect.

These systems usually have a limited BIOS and allow no options for RAM settings.

The Value Select will either work or it won't.

The Corsair Memory Configurator lists the System Select RAM for this system.

Archived