Corsair Community

I believe my memory died

Terr1ble

I bought 2 kits of 1GB True Value RAM. One from FRY's and one from NEWEGG. My computer started crashing so I used memtest86 and found a couple problems. I'm not sure which store the bad sticks came from. I took them out and kept them in the original package for a while. My computer still crashed but much less frequently. I tried to put them back in after I replaced my mobo (it fixed the problem, and I still have one 1 GB kit inside) and my computer wouldn't even boot. It was getting power but nothing ever came up on my screen. After I took them back out it was fine again. Any help is much appreciated.

• Corsair Employees
Please try and reset your bios with just one of our modules at a time and then set the memory voltage to 2.7 Volts and test them with http://www.memtest.org to make sure its not some other problem. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived