Corsair Community

Corsair XMS2-6400 PROBLEM

erou

I've just buyed this memory kitt (2x512) and i have a serious test problem.

Sandra 2005 reports that "float memory" value is half of the "intg memory". I've tried to change the timings and freqv (including the cpu), but still no result.

The test system:

Intel 640

Mb Abit AW8-MAX (955x)

hdd 2x 120 maxtor -raid 0 sata

antec p180+antec neopower 480

gainward 6600 gt pcx

win xp +sp2

I'M DISPERATE !!!!!!

The mb settings for memory (default) are : 5-5-5-11 at 667

my changes:

cpu :230mhzx16=>>ddr2 at 767

5-5-5-15

4-4-4-12

4-4-4-10

4-3-3-9 (my sist hang)

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here RAM GUY...

Memtest shows no errors, however Cache ON test takes a long time.

Same results as above with Sandra(5300/850) and with Everest Home I get very low results on all three mem test?

Now here's where it gets interesting, if I test Sandra or Everest with just one module installed it test great, and takes a 3rd of the time to run?

Testing 3DMark2003 with both or single module, the scores are very close?

Something I need to play with is the bios. I'm getting missing setting when both modules installed? Network Adaptor #2 enable/disable & Onboard SATA enable/disable with associated sub-menus. I have to really flush the bios to get them back with one module installed.

Also with both modules installed the post will hang sometimes (again more testing here)

No BSOD or freezing with single or both modules installed...

Bios issue? Memory compatiblity issue? Crap board?

Win x64

TWIN2X2048-6400

5-5-5-15

P4D 3.0 @ 3.0

Abit AW8-Max

MD 600W

• Corsair Employees
I recommend updating your BIOS to the latest version to be certain that is not the issue. After, make sure you have all the latest chipset drivers installed in the system and verify that you have the RAM inserted in the recommend slots. See if these options help.

I recommend updating your BIOS to the latest version to be certain that is not the issue. After, make sure you have all the latest chipset drivers installed in the system and verify that you have the RAM inserted in the recommend slots. See if these options help.

BIOS is latest version for my Shuttle SD31P. As are all the drivers etc. from Intel and nVidia. The machine only has 2 slots and works fine with your 5400C4 TWINX pack.

Forgot to add that we build these types of machines for a living so we know the usual suspects which cause issues. Please be advised that all 3 people so far on this thread use totally different types of machine but are getting the same issues so it looks memory specific.

Is this not something you can test to see if you get the same problem? I really wouldn't have raised this if I didn't think that Corsair should be a tad concerned.

• Corsair Employees

Please do not double post!

I would suspect some issue with the test or tests if not bios and or driver. Memory will work or it will not and slow performance would usually only be caused if it were memory by a failing part which you would see by running http://www.memtest.org. However, we can try replacing the modules if you like!. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Yea, I'm gearing towards a bios issue...

I might be wrong, but doesn't Intel make reference bios for OEM's. If so that would explain your 945 & my 955 issues with (2) one gig sticks.

I've seen simular issues in the past, and since my bios is fairly immature at 1.4(AW8-Max), time will tell.

Ron

Archived