Corsair Community

Bad XMS 3200XLPRO Chips

nkelly182

I have a matched pair of CMX512-3200XLPRO that I have been running for close to a year without issue. I have not changed hardware (added/removed)in about 6 months. The other day my Windows XP started getting numerous memory reference errors and wierd reboots randomly. I set the motherboard to not halt on errors and then just started getting memory reference errors and explorer.exe crashes. I suspected the O/S install had gotten corrupted so I started to reinstall Windows XP. It also keep crashing and I was unable to install a fresh copy of the O/S. I replaced the memory sticks with two Viking memory chips that I had laying around and I was able to install the O/S and everything is working fine now.

Strongly suspect one of the match chips set is bad. What do I need to do to get an RMA for these?

Thanks,

Neil

In the BIOS I basically have it set to auto (SPD) - nothing funky. Nothing is overclocked. CPU is running 2 Ghz board set to Optimal (which is default for normal (I could also choose performance or custom)).

I can see with the chips in the machine the latency automatically uses 2-2-2-5 and 200Mhz. DRAM Voltage is 2.6. Again I have run with this setup for almost a year with no issues until the past few days.

Neil

BTW - PC Specs are listed above if you want to see the components I have.

Archived